Dani Pedrosa managed to pull out a stunning lap time towards the end of the session to take pole position. Jorge Lorenzo sat in provisional pole before everyone came into the pits for a tyre change, but it was Pedrosa who bested the field.
Unbelievably, Marc Marquez brought his Saturday crash total up to 4 after bowing out halfway through the session. Remarkably, he still managed to qualify for the race tomorrow in an incredible 4th – beating both factory Yamaha’s of Maverick Vinales and Valentino Rossi who qualified in 9th and 13th. However, the factory and the satellite Yamaha’s have struggled this weekend, with all four of them having to go through Q1. It was Jonas Folger and Vinales who burst through into Q2, but both failed to qualify as well as we would expect.
Danilo Petrucci was carrying his new found podium confidence with him during the session, as he came from what seemed like nowhere in the closing minutes to set the third fastest time of the day.
In Moto2, it was Alex Marquez who set the pace. From beginning to end he sat in provisional pole, with nobody able to beat his time.
Mattia Pasini won last time out, and was eager to stick it on pole ahead of the Catalan GP. He was the only person who came close to Marquez’s 1:49.4 lap, and will start the race from second on the grid, with Lorenzo Baldassari rounding out the front row.
Jorge Martin managed to take pole in Moto3 in a tow-tastic qualifying session. With everyone dawdling around the pit exit, Martin got straight out there to do it all by himself to set the fastest recorded lap at the circuit. Aron Canet and Juanfran Guevara round out the front row, but there are expected to be a number of grid penalties handed out so the front row is subject to change.
MotoGP Q2 results:
- Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda Team – 1:43.870
- Jorge Lorenzo, Ducati Team + 0.331
- Danilo Petrucci, OCTO Pramac Racing + 0.350
- Marc Marquez, Repsol Honda Team + 0.450
- Aleix Espargaro, Aprilia Racing Team Gresini + 0.478
- Hector Barbera, Reale Avintia Racing + 0.511
- Andrea Dovizioso, Ducati Team + 0.581
- Jonas Folger, Monster Yamaha Tech 3 + 0.730
- Maverick Vinales, Movistar Yamaha MotoGP + 0.750
- Alvaro Bautista, Pull&Bear Aspar Team + 0.870
- Scott Redding, OCTO Pramac Racing + 0.982
- Andrea Iannone, Team Suzuki Ecstar + 1.058
Moto2 results (front 2 rows):
- Alex Marquez, E G 0,0 Marc VDS – 1:49.408
- Mattia Pasini, Italtrans Racing Team + 0.107
- Lorenzo Baldassari, Forward Racing Team + 0.644
- Takaaki Nakagami, IDEMITSU Honda Team Asia + 0.793
- Thomas Luthi, CarXpert Interwetten + 0.798
- Franco Morbidelli, E G 0,0 Marc VDS + 0.863
Moto3 results (front 2 rows):
- Jorge Martin, Del Conca Gresini Moto3 – 1:53.368
- Aron Canet, Estrella Galicia 0,0 + 0.627
- Juanfran Guevara, RBA BOE Racing Team + 0.659
- Romano Fenati, Marinelli Rivacold Snipers + 0.663
- Joan Mir, Leopard Racing + 0.668
- Marcos Ramirez, Platinum Bay Real Estate + 0.758
For full results, please visit: http://www.motogp.com/en/Results+Statistics/