James Ellison took pole position at Brands Hatch this afternoon for the second round of the championship aboard his McAMS Yamaha.
Ellison smashed the previous lap record with a time of 44.728 seconds – a mere 0.203s in front of Luke Mossey and only 0.205s ahead of Leon ‘ the pocket rocket’ Haslam.
In the morning, Mossey was the fastest rider out on track on his JG Speedfit Kawasaki bike which pushed Haslam back into second. However-on a flying lap- Ellison crossed the line and claimed pole position for tomorrow’s first race of the day.
Shane Byrne – who missed the first round due to a nasty crash at Donington Park which left him suffering with concussion – was trying his hardest to get on the front row but only managed to grab fourth position on the grid a mere 0.097s behind Haslam.
The first three rows is as follows-
1. James Ellison 44.728s (McAMS Yamaha)
2. Luke Mossey +0.203s (JG Speedfit Kawasaki)
3. Leon Haslam +0.205s (JG Speedfit Kawasaki)
4. Shane Byrne +0.302s (Be Wiser Ducati)
5. John Hopkins +0.316s (Moto Rapido Ducati)
6. Jason O’Halloran + 0.392s (Honda Racing)
7. Christian Iddon +0.454s (Tyco BMW)
8. Josh Brookes +0.656s (Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha)
9. Michael Laverty +0.755s (McAMS Yamaha)
(photo credit: Bonnie Lane for bikesportnews)